Member Terms and Conditions
1.1. These terms of membership (“Terms”) set out the contract between 7Across (a trading name of RCI Europe) whose registered office is at Haylock House, Kettering Parkway, Kettering Venture Park, Kettering, NN15 6EY (“7Across”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and any individual who is accepted by us for 7Across membership (“Member” or “you”) who has the legal right to own, occupy or use accommodation in a holiday resort or holiday property (“Property”).
1.2. These Terms apply to all services offered by 7Across to Members, and their guests (if applicable), together with any other applicable terms and conditions notified to you by 7Across from time to time.
1.3. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, irrespective of the nationality of the Member.
1.4. Other services offered by third parties with the permission of 7Across are subject to separate terms and conditions which will be notified to you at the time such offers are made.
2.1. By becoming a Member you are appointing 7Across as your agent to introduce you to:
- 2.1.1. other Members who have deposited a week that you would like to take as an exchange;
- 2.1.2. other Members who would like to take a week that you have deposited as an exchange; and
- 2.1.3. Resorts and/or resort owners, managers or developers who have available weeks that you would like to take as a Resort Rental or Bonus Week (as defined below).
2.2. You acknowledge that 7Across does not own, control or in any way manage any Property or Resort and that 7Across makes no promise or representation in relation to any Property or Resort, the title of the owner or trustee of any Property or in relation to the management or financial position of any Property. You must make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself on such matters.
2.3. These Terms are separate and distinct from your agreement(s) with any developer, marketer, seller, trustee, owners association and/or management of your Property.
3.1. By applying for 7Across membership you confirm that:
- 3.1.1. you are at least 18 years of age (or older if required by applicable local laws);
- 3.1.2. a completed and signed 7Across membership application, in the form required by 7Across from time to time, has or will be submitted to 7Across either by you or on your behalf; and
- 3.1.3. you shall pay all applicable fees to 7Across at the time specified by 7Across.
3.2. We reserve the right to refuse any application for membership at our discretion including, without limitation, where we are required to do so by the laws, rules or regulations of any local, state, national or federal governmental entity or by any judicial, public, regulatory or law enforcement authority or court.
3.3. If accepted, your 7Across membership shall run continuously (subject to 7Across receiving full payment of all applicable fees) until cancelled by either party in accordance with these Terms.
3.4. Membership is personal to you and cannot be transferred or sold.
3.5. Up to 2 co-owners of a Property who live at the same address may apply for one membership. You must nominate a lead Member to act as principal point of contact in relation to your membership.
3.6. 7Across shall be permitted to take instructions from, and disclose information about the membership to, either co-owner.
3.7. If we are given conflicting instructions from co-owners, we are entitled to take the first set of instructions received and act on those instructions. If we continue to receive conflicting instructions from co-owners, we may, at our reasonable discretion:
- 3.7.1. suspend or cancel (with an appropriate refund):
- 220.127.116.11. exchange privileges relating to your Property;
- 18.104.22.168. confirmed Bonus Week bookings;
- 22.214.171.124. confirmed Resort Rental bookings; or
- 3.7.2. terminate your membership, unless such instructions can be promptly reconciled or resolved.
4.1. In order to be able to deposit your Property into the 7Across exchange system (“7Across System”) you must:
- 4.1.1. be a current Member; and
- 4.1.2. have paid all applicable fees in relation to your Property including, but not limited to, maintenance fees.
4.2. We will write and/or email you to acknowledge your deposit into the 7Across System within 14 days of the date your deposit was made.
4.3. By depositing your Property rights you relinquish all rights to use them and agree that they may be used by 7Across for any commercially reasonable purpose including, without limitation, to fulfil exchange requests by other Members.
4.4. We reserve the right to refuse any deposit at our discretion. We may do this if we think the Property is unsuitable or if we already have too many similar deposits for that period and/or date.
4.5. We require a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice for each deposit made (i.e. weeks can be deposited up to 4 weeks before the check-in date). On occasions we may be able to accept deposits on short notice (at our discretion and subject to additional late deposit fees) for example, where we have Members who want to book an exchange that week. To enquire about making a late deposit please contact +44 (0)345 608 6375.
4.6. Once you have deposited your Property rights, you cannot sell, rent, use, give or deposit those rights with any other exchange organization without the explicit prior approval of 7Across.
4.7. When you deposit your Property with us, you represent and warrant that:
- 4.7.1. you have the full legal right to use or assign the use of the Property rights deposited and all other resort amenities to which you have access for the period deposited;
- 4.7.2. you have accurately described your Property on the 7Across website (if applicable) and
- 126.96.36.199. you have the necessary rights, licences, permissions and/or consents to use any intellectual property rights contained within any image and/or description of your Property; and
- 188.8.131.52. any images or information used accurately reflects your Property,
- 4.7.3. you are not using the services or 7Across System for any commercial purposes, including rental, sale or onward exchange to a third party or allowing them to be used by any third party for such purposes;
- 4.7.4. your Property is in good, safe and useable condition; and
- 4.7.5. all maintenance fee assessments, taxes or other charges due in respect of the Property on the date of deposit have been paid and that any arising after the date of deposit will be paid by the due date for payment. In the event you fail to comply with this term and another Member is refused access to the Property you shall be liable to pay 7Across for any costs incurred in arranging alternative accommodation.
4.8. You may withdraw the deposit at any time unless it has already been assigned to another Member or you have received a confirmed exchange in respect of that deposit. Withdrawal of the deposit will result in losing your Credit (as defined in term 5.1 below).
4.9. If you have not requested an exchange within the 7Across System within 36 months after the start date of the Property rights deposited, then you will lose your Credit for that deposit and will not be entitled to receive an exchange for that deposit.
5.1. When you deposit your Property rights, 7Across will assign you a credit (“Credit”). The value of your Credit will depend on the type of Property you have deposited at the time your deposit is made into the 7Across System. You will be notified of the value of your Credit when you deposit. Factors taken into account when assigning a Credit include, but are not limited to:
- 5.1.1. the seasonal designation of the Property rights deposited into the 7Across System; and
- 5.1.2. the size and type of the unit concerned (i.e. number of bedrooms, kitchen type and maximum private occupancy of the unit).
5.2. Each Credit is valid for 3 years from the date of deposit and allows you to take a week out of the 7Across System as an exchange, subject to the payment of the applicable exchange fee.
5.3. Depending on your ownership, you may be required to pay upgrade fees (including, but not limited to studio upgrade fees) in addition to the applicable exchange fee. All current fees are available on the 7Across website.
5.4. You may also:
- 5.4.1. extend the period within which you are able to use your Credit by up to 6 months from the Credit’s expiry date (“Credit Extension”), upon payment of a Credit Extension fee. The current Credit Extension fee is shown on the 7Across website; or
- 5.4.2. transfer your Credit to another Member. Please note that Credits must be valid in order to be transferred.
- 6.1. Before you can exchange your Property rights with another Member, you must:
- 6.1.1. have deposited your Property rights into the 7Across System; and
- 6.1.2. have been assigned a Credit in relation to your deposit.
6.2. Exchanges are subject to availability and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis except as otherwise indicated in these Terms.
6.3. 7Across may request that you pay the exchange fee, which is applicable on the date of request, in advance.
6.4. Confirmation of exchange will be valid only when issued to you in writing by, or email from, 7Across. You should check all the details of your confirmation carefully when you receive it and let us know as soon as possible if anything is incorrect.
6.5. You may change the name of the lead traveler on a confirmed exchange free of charge up to 24 hours before your check-in date by notifying us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375.
6.6. Subsequent changes made by you to any material aspect of your confirmation may be treated as a cancellation.
6.7. Should you need to cancel an exchange holiday you must notify 7Across as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 5pm local time on the last working day before you are due to check-in by contacting us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375.
6.8. Unless you have opted to take out 7Across’ Cancellation Protection, 7Across are unable to return any exchange fee paid to your account. We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy.
6.9. Our Cancellation Protection offers you the opportunity to protect and restore your Credit in the event of an unexpected cancellation so that you may use that Credit to book another holiday. For full details please see clause 15.
7. Bonus Weeks
7.1. Bonus weeks are Member weeks that have been deposited into the 7Across System but not taken as an exchange (“Bonus Weeks”) and are available to all Members until 2 days before the check-in date.
7.2. You can book a Bonus Week by:
- 7.2.1. paying the applicable Bonus Week fee shown on the website; or
- 7.2.2. (if the Bonus Week is also available as an exchange) using your Credit to exchange into the Bonus Week. If a Bonus Week is taken as an exchange the exchange rules outlined within term 6 above shall apply, including but not limited to, the requirement to pay an exchange fee.
7.3. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Weeks that you can book.
7.4. Confirmation of a Bonus Week booking will be valid only when issued to you in writing (including by email) from 7Across. You should check all the details of your confirmation carefully when you receive it and let us know as soon as possible if anything is incorrect. Due to the late availability of Bonus Week bookings it may not be possible to make changes to your booking, save that you may change the name of the lead traveler in relation to a confirmed Bonus Week booking free of charge up to 24 hours before your check-in date by notifying us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375.
7.5. Cancellation of Bonus Weeks are subject to the rules detailed within clause 13 (Cancellation) below. We recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy to protect against unexpected cancellation.
8 Resort Rentals
8.1. Resort Rentals are high quality non-timeshare rental properties that are made available to Members at discounted rates for cash purchase (“Resort Rental”).
8.2. Members can book a Resort Rental week by paying the applicable rental price shown on the 7Across website or advise to the Member via the call centre at the time of booking.
8.3. Cancellation of Resort Rentals are subject to the rules detailed within clause 14 (Cancellation) below. We recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy to protect against unexpected cancellation.
8.4. Confirmation of Resort Rental bookings will be valid only when issued to you in writing (including by email) from 7Across. You should check all the details of your confirmation carefully when you receive it and let us know as soon as possible if anything is incorrect. Please note that due to their unique nature, it may not be possible to make changes to your Resort Rental booking, save that you may change the name of the lead traveler free of charge up to 24 hours before your check-in date by notifying us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375.
9. Holiday Requests
9.1. All Members are able to make one free exchange holiday request. Once a request has been made we will contact you if a week matching your request criteria becomes available to book.
9.2. The earlier you place your request, the greater chance we have of fulfilling it. We would therefore recommend that you place your request up to 2 years in advance of your check-in date. Gold Advantage Members may place their requests as far in advance of their check-in date as they wish.
9.3. Please note that to allow us time to search all available inventory, holiday requests cannot be made within a month of the check-in date.
9.4. Our ability to confirm an exchange request is dependent on the availability of Property rights deposited, or forecast to be deposited, by other Members in the 7Across System which are acceptable to you. We therefore cannot guarantee that any particular request will be met. We will, where we are able to do so, offer alternative accommodation which may be available.
10. Holding Inventory
10.1. A temporary hold can be placed on certain exchange and Bonus Weeks inventory so that booking can be completed at a later time (“Inventory Hold”).
10.2. An Inventory Hold can only be placed on exchange and Bonus Weeks with travel dates between 15 days and 24 months in advance of the check-in date. Exchange and Bonus Weeks with a travel date 14 days or less in advance of the check-in date cannot be subject to an Inventory Hold.
10.3. An Inventory Hold lasts for a period of 24 hours however, this may be varied at 7Across’ discretion and is subject to factors including, but not limited to:
- 10.3.1. Seasonality and demand;
- 10.3.2. 7Across’ business hours (for example, an Inventory Hold placed on a Friday will remain valid until 11:00am on the following Monday); and
- 10.3.3. Factors outside of 7Across’ control including, but not limited to, technical and/or system errors or issues.
10.4. You will be notified of the length of the Inventory Hold at the time the hold is placed on the applicable exchange or Bonus Week.
11. Gold Advantage
Gold Advantage provides Property owner members with additional benefits including, but not limited to, unlimited priority holiday requests and additional member discounts. Full details of the Gold Advantage fees and benefits can be found on the 7Across website here:
12.1. In consideration of the performance of the services by 7Across, you agree to pay 7Across any applicable fees as outlined within these Terms or notified to you from time to time. The current applicable fees are published on the 7Across website and may be paid in GBP, EUR or USD.
12.2. All Fees are inclusive of any value added tax or other applicable sales tax, which shall be payable by you.
12.3. 7Across shall not be obliged to perform the services in respect of any such booking or exchange confirmation until all applicable fees are received by us. All sums must be paid by debit card, credit card or bank transfer.
13. Sale of Your Property
13.1. You must notify us as soon as possible in the event that you sell or transfer your legal right to any Property.
13.2. You should notify the purchaser of your Property deposit, and you must notify us of your agreement with the purchaser so that we know who has the right to use such deposit.
13.3. The sale or transfer of your Property is subject to any outstanding deposit for a future date in the 7Across System and any exchange confirmation we have sent you. In the event you fail to comply with this term and another Member is refused access to the Property you shall be liable to pay 7Across for any costs incurred as a result including but not limited to the costs of arranging alternative accommodation for that Member.
14. Bonus Weeks and Resort Rentals Cancellations
14.1. You may cancel your booking at any time prior to departure by contacting us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375 and paying a cancellation fee as set out in this paragraph.
14.2 If you or anyone else within your party decides to cancel a confirmed booking, you must notify us in writing as soon as possible. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received by us via email to info.europe@7Across.com or post to RCI Europe t/a 7Across Haylock House, Kettering Parkway, Kettering, Northants, NN15 6EY.
14.3. A full refund of the total cost of your booking will be made to you if you contact 7Across to cancel your booking within 24 hours of your booking being confirmed (“Grace Period”). Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received by us. You can tell us you want to cancel by contacting us in any of the ways explained on your booking confirmation.
14.4. Where you choose to cancel your booking, we incur costs which increase the closer to the departure date that cancellation is made by you. Therefore, once the Grace Period has passed, you agree to pay the applicable cancellation fee shown below:-
|Time before departure date that the cancellation notice is received by 7Across
|More than 90 days
||25% of total cost of booking
|90 – 61 days
||50% of total cost of booking
|60 – 31 days
||75% of total cost of booking
|30 days or less
||100% of total cost of booking
15. Cancellation Protection
15.1. Cancellation Protection offers you the opportunity to protect and restore your exchange fee and Credit in the event of an unexpected cancellation so that you may use that Credit to book another exchange and your exchange fee will be returned to your account as a monetary credit.
15.2. The monetary credit will be available for 2 years. After the 2 years, the monetary credit will expire.
15.3. Cancellation Protection can be purchased upon payment of the applicable fee (as detailed on the 7Across website) at any time within 30 days of booking an exchange holiday.
15.4 If your Credit has expired on the date of cancellation, Cancellation Protection is unable to reinstate your Credit. You will need to purchase a Credit Extension before expiry in order for your Credit to be reinstated for a further six months to use against another holiday. The exchange fee paid will be added to your account for use within 2 years.
15.5. Each Cancellation Protection purchase is valid for one exchange only.
15.6. Should you need to cancel an exchange you must notify 7Across as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 5pm local time on the last working day before you are due to check-in by contacting us at info.europe@7Across.com or +44 (0)345 608 6375.
15.7. Cancellation Protection provides enhanced cancellation rights only. It is not a travel insurance product. We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy.
15.8. You may cancel Cancellation Protection and we will refund the purchase price you have paid if you notify 7Across by the close of business the day after your purchase of Cancellation Protection. For up to date information on fees that will be refunded, please visit 7Across’ website or call us on +44 (0)345 608 6375.
16. Termination of your membership by you
16.1. If you own Property rights, you may terminate or suspend your membership at any time by giving us notice in writing provided that you have not received a confirmed exchange in respect of that deposit, or a confirmed Bonus Week or Resort Rental booking. All outstanding Credits will be lost when you terminate your membership.
16.2. If you don’t own any Property rights, you may terminate or suspend your membership at any time by giving us notice in writing.
16.3. Upon termination of your membership you shall lose all rights to use the 7Across services.
17. Termination of your membership by us
17.1. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your membership and cancel any outstanding confirmed booking/exchange if any of the following occur:
- 17.1.1. you fail to comply with any of these Terms;
- 17.1.2. you fail to pay any sums due to 7Across or any associated company or any other party in connection with an exchange, Bonus Week or Resort Rental, the accommodation that is the subject of the exchange (including any maintenance fees or other charges payable by you) or any relevant travel arrangements;
- 17.1.3. you choose to issue legal proceedings against 7Across or its associated companies;
- 17.1.4. you are found to be a vexatious or serial complainant who threatens or uses physical violence and/or harasses, abuses or is verbally aggressive to our employees; or
- 17.1.5. your continued membership is or becomes contrary to any law, rule, regulation or statutory instrument or if we are required to terminate it by any judicial, governmental, regulatory or law enforcement body or court.
17.2. Without prejudice, and in addition to 7Across’s other termination rights, we may terminate your membership if you are ‘inactive’ for a period of 5 years. For the purposes of this clause 16.2, inactive means that you have not:
- 17.2.1. deposited a week within the 7Across System;
- 17.2.2. exchanged your Property rights with another Member;
- 17.2.3. made a Bonus Week or Resort Rental booking;
- 17.2.4. made a Holiday Request.
17.3. Where we suspend your membership for non-payment in accordance with these Terms we also reserve the right to terminate your membership at our option at any time in the event that outstanding payments remain unpaid. Suspended members may be readmitted to full membership on payment of all outstanding sums and completion of any required documentation. For the avoidance of doubt, suspended members are not entitled to any benefits of 7Across membership during the period of suspension.
18. Refer a Friend
18.1 New members being referred
- 18.1.1 New members who are referred by a current member will receive £40 discount towards an Exchange or Bonus Week booking when adding a discount code during the sign up process.
- 18.1.2 All new memberships will be checked and any duplicates will be deleted and the discount removed.
- 18.1.3 New members must own a suitable holiday property/timeshare that can be deposited into the 7Across system, and the property registration will be verified before discount is applied.
- 18.1.4 The new member offer is only available to properties that are within the 7Across UK and European office territories. Confirmation of the territories can be checked by calling +44 (0)345 608 6375.
- 18.1.5 New members do not have to deposit their property when joining 7Across but details of the property must be registered in order for the £40 discount to be added to their account.
- 18.1.6 All discounts are valid for one year only and only one discount is available per transaction.
18.2 Existing members making referrals
- 18.2.1 Members can refer people with eligible holiday property to join the 7Across membership.
- 18.2.2 New members being referred must join, register their property AND either deposit it and book an Exchange OR book a Bonus Week within one year of their joining date before the £40 discount will be applied to the referring members account.
- 18.2.3 Members will be notified via email when a discount has been added to their account.
- 18.2.4 Once a £40 discount has been credited, it can be used towards an Exchange, Bonus Week or Gold Advantage.
- 18.2.5 Only ONE discount can be used per single transaction.
- 18.2.6 Discount codes are valid for one year.
19.1. 7Across does not own, manage or operate any Property and is not liable for their description, services and/or presentation. Each Property is different and therefore may not meet the same standard as the week you have deposited. Standards vary enormously according to local conditions and laws. If you have any issues with the Property, please contact the local property manager immediately. If you are still dissatisfied and decide not to occupy the Property then 7Across shall have no liability for any costs and expenses incurred (including, without limitation, the costs of alternative accommodation) unless prior authorization from 7Across has been given.
19.2. In the unlikely event that the resort does not resolve the matter, please contact 7Across within 30 days of your return home by writing to us at Haylock House, Kettering Parkway, Kettering Venture Park, Kettering, England, NN15 6EY. When writing please provide your membership number and all other relevant information.
20. Our liability to you
20.1. As 7Across is not responsible for and does not own, manage or operate any Properties we cannot accept any liability for any act or omission on the part of any Member or of anyone employed by or representing a Property. Your use of the Property may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the Member who has deposited that Property. 7Across’s maximum liability if we are found to be at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service of accommodation provided for which we are not responsible) is limited to 3 times the sums received by us for the exchange in connection with which we are found to be at fault. We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury which arises as a result of our own negligence or that of 7Across employees acting in the course of their employment or for our own criminal act.
20.2. 7Across is not liable for any damage, loss or theft of or to personal property which occurs through your or your guests’ use of a Property.
20.3. 7Across accepts no liability for the acts and omissions of any third parties providing non-exchange related programmes or services to you.
20.4. These limitations are also applicable to all associated companies, servants and agents of 7Across.
21. Communicating with you
22. Other Services
22.1. Without limitation, 7Across does not provide flights, coach or train travel, car hire, insurance, ferries, cruises or tours. Such services may be purchased from independent third party suppliers and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the suppliers concerned.
22.2. 7Across reserves the right to vary, withdraw or add to the services it provides at any time, with or without notice.
23.1. These Terms, and 7Across’ policies and procedures, may be changed by 7Across at its sole discretion from time to time. Members will be notified of any such changes by publication on 7Across’ website(s) and such changes will be effective as soon as they are published.
23.2. The fees and prices charged by 7Across are subject to regular review and any fee/price changes resulting from this review will take effect immediately. Such price and fee changes will be published on 7Across’ website (or notified to Members by letter or email at 7Across’ option).
23.3. 7Across, in its sole discretion, may charge Members in their local currency and may further require payment in such local currency. Fees may vary from time to time due to the inclusion of any applicable government charges or taxes. From time to time and as determined by 7Across in its sole discretion, 7Across may waive, reduce or discount any of its fees or prices.
23.4. Please see 7Across’s website(s) for our latest Terms. The latest Terms published on 7Across’s website(s) supersede and replace all prior versions.
23.5. You may not assign, transfer, declare on trust or otherwise dispose of any of your rights under these Terms to any other person without the prior written consent of 7Across. 7Across may assign these Terms to any third party and any such assignment shall be binding on Members when notice of assignment is given to them. Notice may be given on 7Across’s website, in other 7Across publications generally or by letter or email.
23.6. 7Across shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations under these Terms if such delay or failure results from any circumstances outside its reasonable control. Such delay or failure shall not constitute a breach of these Terms and the time for its performance shall be extended by such period as is equal to that during which performance is prevented.
23.7. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties, supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing by you and 7Across. All other terms and conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
23.8. Nothing in these Terms is expressly or impliedly intended to confer on any third party any right to enforce any of its provisions pursuant to the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
23.9. No waiver by either party of any breach of these Terms by the other shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same of any other provision.
23.10. Any provision of these Terms which is held invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions of these Terms, and any such invalidity or unenforceability in any jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such provisions in any other jurisdiction.
23.11. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Terms shall be in writing and addressed to 7Across at its registered office and to you at the address given as your correspondence address (or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified to the party giving notice pursuant to this provision).